Healthcare Center Highlights for this month
9/4 – Piano Music with Robert
9/4 – September Birthday Celebration – Games, treats & fun as we honor our guests with September birthdays.
9/6 – Bobby Bullet Music – Vocals and guitar of your favorite classics.
9/7 – Badger Tailgate Party & Badger Game – Cheer on our favorite team with apps, taps & fun! Wear your Badger Gear!
9/8 – Happy Grandparents Day! Donuts & Coffee in Harmony Hall in honor of this special day!
9/13 – “Zoo To You” Program with the Henry Vilas Zoo – See zoo animals first hand as you learn about them from Zoo experts!
9/20 – Sundaes on Friday Social – All the toppings available to make and enjoy a sundae!
9/26 – Karen Wickham Music – Favorites of Patsy Cline, country and old time favorites.
CHECK THE ACTIVITY BOARDS DAILY FOR ANY ADDITIONS OR CHANGES TO THE REGULAR CALENDAR!
Housekeeping Staff Appreciation Week!
September 8th through the 14th
Housekeeping Staff: Diane, Aimee, Dawn, Bob, Esmeralda, Joni, Lisa, Sylvia and Barb
Maintenance Staff: John H., John K., Kurt (The Happy Painter) and Tony
We are very blessed to have such caring staff here at Waunakee Manor!
To our Housekeeping Staff: Your caring ways mean so much! From the great conversations and friendships, to the way know what each person wants and needs to have a happy room, we know you put your heart into your job and caring for us all. For that we THANK YOU!!
We are in need of volunteers for:
Casino Outing – 9/11/19
Health Care Center Bingo on Tuesdays
Please contact the Activity Department if you are able to help!
849-5016 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Up Theme Days This Month!
Monday – Wear your fun socks day
Tuesday – Wear your favorite T-Shirt
Wednesday – Thank A Housekeeping & Maintenance staff person day
Thursday – Wear your favorite hat day
Friday – Wear your animal print day
Thank you to all of our Cutest Dog photo contestants!
Congratulations to “CC” and Henry for winning “The Cutest Dog”
Health Care Center
- Nickname(s) you’ve been given: She has always been called Myrt.
- Three words to describe you: Quiet, cooperative, caring.
- Name a few hobbies and interests you enjoy: I enjoyed dancing and cooking when I was younger, I was VERY good at both. Now I enjoy playing cards and bingo.
- Do you collect anything? Toothpick holders, and bird knick knacks.
- Where would you visit if you could travel anywhere? Anywhere warm!
- What is your biggest pet peeve? People arguing and disagreeing.
- Favorite Things:
Music: Arthur Murray
Food: most types of pie
Sports teams: Brewers and Packers
Card Game: Euchre
- What are you most thankful for? My health.
- What is the most important thing life has taught you? To be cooperative and nice to others.
We enjoy your fun personality and great sense of style Myrty!
- Nickname(s) you’ve been given: Dottie, given to her by her brother.
- Three words to describe you: Quiet, sweet, caring.
- Name a few hobbies and interests you enjoy: Golfing, bowling, visiting with friends, having great times with siblings on holidays, playing bingo, trivia, and watching wheel of fortune.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Someone who interrupts conversations.
- Favorite Things:
Music: 1940’s music, Glenn Miller
Food: Chinese or Chicken wings
Quote/Advice: “what will be, will be”
Sports teams: Green Bay Packers
Animal: Little dogs
Card Game: Cribbage
- What are you most thankful for? “My Family, my son and daughter, they are so very good to me.”
- What is the most important thing life has taught you? “To keep my mouth shut and listen!”
Thank you, Dorothy, for being such a nice person to spend time with!
- Full Name: Kezia Elizabeth Barnard
- Nickname(s) you’ve been given: Kezie Little bit by my Dad.
- My Hometown is: Madison
- Three words to best describe you: Kind, Honest, and Goofy.
- A favorite childhood memory is: Swinging at the park.
- A favorite food/place to eat out: Thai food
- A favorite place to visit: Uganda, Africa
- Family & pet info: Husband – Eric, Dad & Mom, 5 siblings and 22 nieces and nephews.
- Favorite things about working here: The residents
- Best advice you’ve been given: Trust God with everything.
- Hobbies & interest I enjoy: Running and pottery.
- What is your biggest pet peeve: people who tailgate
- When I retire, I will: live by family; near the water.
- Two items on my bucket list are: going back to Africa with my husband, and being a mom someday!
Thank you Kezia for your positivity and kindness!